Personal Information CollectedTo carry on our business and provide our services, we may need to collect personal information from customers, contractors and other third parties, and we will only collect such information if it is necessary for one of our business functions or activities. The personal information we collect includes names and contact details, however no financial information will ever be collected by us. Specific circumstances in which we collect such personal information is outlined below:
- when you contact us with a query
- when you place an order for products that require delivery
- when you conduct a transaction
- when you participate in our direct marketing
- when you subscribe to our mailing list
- when you register your details on our website
- who we are
- your right to gain access to the information
- why we collected the information
- the type of organisations to which we usually disclose the information
- any laws requiring the collection of the information
- the key consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected
Use and Disclosure of Personal InformationWe may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected, namely, carrying on our business, which may include provision of services to you, including:
- administration of services
- notification of changes to our services
- record-keeping following termination of our services
- technical maintenance
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety
- where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to any relevant authorities
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process)
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body
- where you have requested a service and we are required to disclose the information to a third party in order to facilitate the provision of the service
Dealing with us Anonymously
You may deal with us anonymously only if it is reasonably practicable for us to deal with you acting anonymously, or using a pseudonym.
From time to time, we may use information collected from you for the purposes of direct marketing, which forms part of our function and business activity and which promotes the products and services we provide to you. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to discounts, promotions and information about our products and services. You may opt out anytime by clicking on the relevant opt out link in our direct marketing correspondence to you, or by contacting us.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites, which may collect personal information from you. We encourage users of our website to be aware especially when they are leaving our website, and to read the privacy statements and policies of third party websites linked to our website. We are not responsible for collection of personal information from third party websites.
Security and Storage of Personal Information
We place great importance on the security and storage of your personal information. The personal information we collect from you is stored securely on our servers in controlled facilities to protect against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. When personal information collected from you is no longer required by us, it is de-identified or destroyed securely. If we have collected your contact details, we will retain the same for verifying your identity and any transactions, as well as legal and accounting purposes. If we have stored your personal information in our computer systems, then this can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority, and computer network password sanctions. As no transmission of data online can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot warrant the security of transmission of any data, therefore users of our website do so at their own risk. Upon transmission, we make every reasonable effort to ensure security and storage of your personal information on our systems. It is your responsibility to keep account information and passwords secret. You should act responsibly when using our website.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
We commit and take reasonable steps to maintain complete, accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our clients, customers and website users. You can gain access to or correct the information collected by us by putting in a request and submitting proof of identity to us via the contact form. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time up to thirty (30) days. Upon receiving your request and valid proof of identity, we will provide you with access to or correct the information collected from you as requested. If we reach a decision to not provide you with access to or correct the information collected from you, we will provide you with reasons.
We do not usually transfer personal information from you collected overseas, however if we ever need to, we will do so insofar as it is permitted by law.
How Personal Information is Collected
When you visit our website, we collect information about you using internet files. Our system will document your IP address, date and time you visit our website, pages you view and information you download. This information will only be used for site analysis and to help us provide you with improved online services.